A Short Guide To SEO Keyword Ranking Best Practices
Traffic is one means of measuring the success of a website or blog. If you have a new website that you want to drive traffic to, you have to use the right practices. You need to measure and analyze the ranking of your target keywords so you can have as many visitors as possible. Let’s go ahead and read about best practices for SEO keyword ranking.
The phrase SEO keyword ranking helps you measure the ranking of your targeted keyword on a search engine, in addition, to analyze the ups and downs in the ranking with the passage of time. This quintessential KPI shows how effectively your website is getting traffic and getting ranked on the search engine giant Google. The first 3 domains for a certain keyword get most of the traffic, which is a fact. So, you have to strive for the top position.
The ranking KPI helps you know the positive and negative effect of SEO campaigns, but you can’t use it to find out why. So, it’s of paramount importance that you monitor this KPI as well as other KPIs and SEO metrics in order to understand your keywords better.
Improving SEO Keyword Ranking
You can use a number of strategies for this purpose. Your first step should be to track the right keywords. Ideally, you may want to target long-tail keywords first. These less common keywords offer several advantages. For instance, they are less competitive and more targeted.
For higher ranking, it’s a good idea to make an organized list of your keywords. Also, you may not want to track all your efforts at once. For performance tracking, it’s better to have your keywords organized in the best way.
Lastly, it’s important that you use the keywords in your articles and blog posts. Meta keywords are of great importance but they are not enough for higher ranking. It’s also important that your content is interesting and valuable so that the readers would love to share it with others.
SEO Keyword Ranking Best Practices
As far as keyword ranking goes, it’s very important that you track your rankings on a regular basis. This will help you know and fix problems as soon as possible. If your ranking has been dropping for many weeks, it may indicate a problem with your backlinks. Your backlinks may have been removed or devalued. Given below are some more tips for keyword ranking:
- It’s better if your site is old with a lot of backlinks from authority websites. It’s also important that your site adheres to the best SEO practices. If you have no idea what it means, we suggest that you check out Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
- If you want to rank for a keyword in short order, it’s better to have an inbuilt network where you could share your content, such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Before you choose a keyword, make sure you do your research. In the beginning, it’s better to choose long-tail keywords with low competition.
- Make sure you know your competition level. It will help you differentiate yourself.
- Make sure your keyword is in the first paragraph of your content as well as in the last one.
- It’s not a good idea to link to another post on your blog or website that has been losing its ranking.
Monitor your Ranking in Real-time
Make sure you use the Keyword Ranking KPI with other web metrics to get a better view of your performance. In other words, you should monitor your click-through rates, ROI and link-building metrics as well.
So, following these SEO keyword ranking best practices will help you improve the ranking of your website or blog on Google and other search engines.